Days: 1   | 2   | 3   | 4   | 5   | 6   | 7   | 8a   | 8b   | 9   | 10   | 11   | 12   | 13   | 14   | 15   | 16   | 17   | 18   | 19   | 20   | 21   | 22 & 23   | 24

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Made it to Alaska .... again (Day 7)

It's raining and I'm in a tent updating this while I have battery and wifi so this will be short. I'm camping in a nice grassy area behind a Chevron ... it's free :)

I added some pictures to the album for today's ride.  We road through Whitehorse (The capitol of the Yukon) and then went on to cross the border into Alaska.  The frost heaves were 10 times as bad in comparison to yesterday.  I bottomed out my bike and was surprised that the tire was still inflated after one of them.

We arrived in Tok Alaska today around 7:30pm.  It is about 55 miles from the border.  Soon after we entered the U.S., it started raining.  It wasn't slowing us down much, but it was time to call it a day anyway.

We're trying to make the Solstice festival in Homer Alaska by tomorrow evening.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but you can always see the latest pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/coder1/Alaska2010

11:18 and still lots of light on the tent here.  The air mattress deflated as I typed this out so looks like I'll be shopping tomorrow.  At least there's grass under it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment