Days: 1   | 2   | 3   | 4   | 5   | 6   | 7   | 8a   | 8b   | 9   | 10   | 11   | 12   | 13   | 14   | 15   | 16   | 17   | 18   | 19   | 20   | 21   | 22 & 23   | 24

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fairbanks (Day 12)


Fairbanks is a bigger city than most here in Alaska, but it still maintains a smaller town feel.  That's probably why I like it a lot more than Anchorage.

There's maybe a 10 square block 'downtown' area that has a lot of character.  I just went to the typical tourist places like the city museum, the new visitor's center, and Pioneer Park.

It gets a lot warmer up here than it was down in Anchorage.  I believe it got into the 80s.  I put on a long sleeve shirt thinking it would be cooler since we were farther north, but I was very wrong.

Paul left a message from Coldfoot informing me that he was there and it was some tough riding.  He called from a 907 number so I'm guessing there is no mobile coverage up there.  I called up to Prudhoe Bay hotel and they said it was drizzling there.  I plan to start heading for the arctic circle (A little ways before Coldfoot) and if all is well I'll continue on to Deadhorse.

1 comment:

  1. Fairbanks has a couple of really nice public golf courses. I played past midnight at one of them.
    Cool town.
    Enjoy your foray into the extreme north.

    ReplyDelete